• When a student begins working, a parent or guardian MUST come to the high school office to sign a work permit application.  Please bring with you the student's birth certificate, learner's permit or driver's license.  Then, the work permit application then needs to be completed by a prospective employer and a physician.  Once this is completed, the student can return the application to the high school office, where they then will receive the appropriate work permit according to age.  Each employer will need a separate work permit.  Students over the age of 16 will receive a blue work permit that the student keeps and is good for any employer.  If you have any questions regarding work permits, call Monessen High School at (724) 684-3600 Ext 5110.
    For more relevant information, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Education site on Child Labor.